Thursday, February 19, 2009

Give thanks for the Grace

I love the doctrines of the bible and since young loves to read about it. For those of you reading it, this might or might not apply to you. But, in my church, one of the doctrine is to separate the bible into various periods (what has it got to do with Grace? Bear with me, we would come to it shortly).

The first before man, is known as the Angelic period (before Lucifer fell with one third of the heavenly angels), then there is the conscious period, where the folks after Adam and Eve are guided by their conscious. The period goes all the way until Moses with his 10 commandments, where it becomes the law period.

All these periods are pretty tough. What do I mean, you get priest that is not clean enough and if he would to go into the holies of holies, he would be struck dead, that is the reason they have bells at the hem of their rode.

You do wrong things and immediately you are judged, but after Jesus came, he brought Grace with him and begins what is known as the Grace period. Your sins would always be forgiven so long as you confess.

I do not know if people knows how precious this is, but doing sin and being forgiven is really great if you think about it. Can you imagine telling a white lie and then that it is? As long as we are in the world, there is so many things that we can sin, "angry with friend", "being lazy", "lustful thoughts", "envy of others wealth", the list can go on.

Imagine what would happens if the Grace is not here and we are not forgiven! So, this post is to give thanks to the Grace that was given and till today is still available.

I am grateful for I have sins, and while I tried to live an overcoming life, I still sin, and I prayed by his Grace and mercy that I would sin less and be more like him. Do you sin?

Well, do know that it is okay if you sin because that is the reason Jesus came, just commit it to him and pray for strenght to prevail against it. When I was younger, I always thought about sins and the damages sin can do you.

The thing is, sin is very attractive if you are into it. Doesn't it feels good to take control of an arguement and make the other party smaller? But what would happened after that ? You would maybe lose a friend, maybe you would not be respected after that?

Sin would never give you a good ending, if we continue in it, there is one place that we would go that is not meant for us, do you know where it is? I cannot even begin to imagine how bad that would be, imagine burning your fingers, that hurts.

Now, imagine your fingers, your toes and all parts of your body being burned and the pain goes on forever. The word forever is very scary, it goes on and on, it would not end.

I should not go further with how bad it is. But by this intensity, you can see why I am grateful and giving thanks for the Grace.

I prayed that like me, you would be grateful for the Grace and lets work towards a time where we can really be like him -perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment