Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The sun is bright and the day is beautiful...




At this moment of writing, there is a slight breeze blowing, the sun is up, not blazing but providing a glow to everything around me. This is beauty. If there is a thing to give thanks for, it would be the morning glory that God has created for all of us.

Unfortunately, under the fast pace of modern life, such thing is lost. The thing on people's mind as they commute to work, is to make it for the train or bus, trying to walk faster than the person before them and what do to do first when they reach office.

The breeze is still there and the sun is still shining but to many people, it doesn't mean a thing. And it is sad that only when people is nearing the end of their life that they find sun rise and sun set beautiful.

But, at that moment, they would have so little time to enjoy this beauty that has been with them for such a long time.

I do not know if this would make some folks reading this and that has been out of job better, but I left my job knowing full well that there is a recession coming. Trust me, just some time back, I was griped with panic attack at the decision that I have make -I was fearful of so many things.

At that moment, I remembered what I used to think about the people of Israel when they are in the wilderness going to Cannan land. They were always complaining and saying god did not do enough.

Can you imagine people saying that after they have witnessed the 10 plagues, the opening of the red sea. I thought that they should have greater faith that this!

And if I would to be fearful, then I would be like them! The evidence of his miracles are aplenty. If I have lived through and been blessed by so many accounts, why do I still doubt about the future -he holds it, so what is there to worry about?

If you are reading this as a christian, worry not. While he work in his own timing, when he says he would bless you, he would. If you are not yet a christian, know that this is a god that do not need you to find him, he first come looking for you and all you need to do is to accept him into your heart.

Is he real? Well, let's just say that the whole world believes in him. The world chronological event is seperated into two part, BC and AD. The first part of world history is before Jesus birth and what we are currently in is after his birth.

So, in a way if you are counting the days as most people do, then you sort of believe his existence as well.

Wow, do not know how this giving thanks would lead to this. I am just thinking that as I write, this passage might be meant for some one out there. So, if you are looking for something but you do not know what it is -it might be a purpose, a hope or some peace, then knowing and having a relationship with him would definitely help.

Should you pray this prayer? Well, if you are reading till this moment and everything make sense to you, do note that I neither know you nor am a great writer, so guess who is speaking to you then?

He speaks through all types of medium and if this is the medium he chooses to reach you -accept it.:) There is this saying about better to have a friend, and you can never find a better friend than Jesus Christ.

This is the prayer for you if you want to make Jesus your friend and of course your lord and savior:

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

source: http://www.allaboutgod.com/sinners-prayer.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment