Monday, February 16, 2009

Give thanks that I woke up

Well, of course there would be a post today! This is the second day that this blog is being started and if I would to give up today, it would simply meant that the theme is wrong and I would have to choose another new theme!

So, what makes me so sure that there is a thing to give thanks for? The fact that I am able to write this post is a great reason to give thanks to God! Do you know how dangerous it is out there in the world?

The cars, the diseases, the falling things, the falling down and even sleep can apparently take a man's life away. So, do you not think that simply by being alive is a great enough reason to give thanks for?

I do not know what is your mood, how are you feeling as you are reading this. If you are sad, there is bound to be people sadder than you are. And if you are poor, I can assure you that there are tons of folks poorer than you (just think about it, you can at least afford to surf right?).

Often, we look at the sadder things in life that we failed to count the blessings that we have. I suffered from this situation as well. When I have money, why do little, when I have presents, why not bigger.

It is about why that house is bigger and the car is nicer, in fact, we should be thankful that we have a house and a car! Moreover, this envy and this negative feeling makes you feel down, small and incomplete and in the long run would make you less of a person.

Being thankful is to look at things in a different light, in a more positive way and definitely looking at things above and not at things on this earth.

Currently at this moment, I do not have any "power verse" in mind, but a simple verse which I asked my kids (7 years old) to memorize encourages me greatly -Matthew 6:26. Remember he feeds the bird, are we not greater than the birds:)

No comments:

Post a Comment