Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thanking him for the little things


I was preparing to write this little post when the internet connection just would not connect. There are too many uncertain things in life. So, first and foremost, I give thanks for giving me a good internet connection so that I would be able to post this.

Being thankful and looking at the better side of lives I think is a process. You need to be doing it always so that your heart and mind would be accustomed to the thinking. Have you noticed how easy it is to pass judgement and evaluations on people, on their mannerisms, on their clothings and stuff?

Well, as I mentioned in the previous post, how easy it is to think of bad things instead of good things. I wanted to thank him and remember his goodness in all things that has passed by my life, I know that not only would it make me a better person, it would bring me more joy.

For the things that failed to work, I thanked him for the things that works. I was telling my wife about this blog, about how posting my thoughts about giving thanks makes me more aware of his goodness.

It brings joy to her. I am glad that I have someone that is sharing this life with me that see being closer to God is a joyful thing. This is just a blog about giving thanks, and it makes my love one happy.

You probably read in papers on the tons of marketing story about how diamonds, and many other expensive stuff would make ladies happy. So, I just thank God that this is a lady that not only offers unconditional support, but sharing the same ideals in life...

In a way, it also bring me closer to him, remembering the bible story and how we need to be closer to him. By being closer to him, we give thanks, have faith, read his words, and eventually live an overcoming life.

I remember the story about Peter seeing Jesus walk on water and he wanted to do it as well, and after being on the water for a while, he panicked and started to drown. When I read the story, I was thinking about how little faith Peter has, Jesus is already besides him, what do he has to fear?

That wake me up! You mean Jesus is not with me today? He is. And then there is the Holy Spirit, there is his pastors and all the friends that he places besides me. When we profess that we love him and that we are following him, how serious is that thought?

If it is very serious, and we are enjoying a very good relationship with him -fear has no place. In the world, there are good times and bad times, but we know with him, it is can only be great time -he holds the future.

There are things that you have, billions of people out there would never have seen it before, if we know how to give thanks for the little things, we would harness our desire and personally I think it would make our day much more brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment